The Medical Program Study Committee was created by Section 21 of Act 65 in 2023. It states that the CCB shall work with the Academic Detailing Program, medical cannabis registry patients and caregivers, licensed medical cannabis dispensaries, and medical professional stakeholders to review Vermont's medical cannabis program. That review shall include:
- The conditions that should qualify for medical cannabis
- Which strains are appropriate for a given condition
- Dosing and other treatment standards
- Any other recommendations that might improve the program
This committee met four times over the course of the summer and fall of 2023. From these committee meetings, the Board has developed a report of recommendations to be presented to the legislature in January 2024. A link to the Report can be found here. A summary of the proposed changes to the Medical Cannabis Program can be found here. The CCB staff will be collecting comments, questions and any other feedback from the Medical Cannabis community through 12/31/23. The feedback will be shared with the Board in early January 2024.
Meeting recordings, minutes, agendas, and documents discussed during these meetings will be available below.
Meeting recordings may be found on the Cannabis Control Board's Youtube Page.
- Most videos are livestreamed, if you can't find a video directly through the link above, please click the "live" tab on the above-linked YouTube page.
August 8, 2023
September 28, 2023
November 15, 2023
December 7, 2023