The Vermont Cannabis Control Board (CCB) regularly releases news, updates, and frequently sought records on the State's legal cannabis industry to stakeholders, consumers, and the general public.
The CCB prides itself on being transparent and accessible to the public. We encourage you to check the website for information before submitting a request. Please note, any submissions to the CCB become public record.
The Vermont Public Records Law describes the process for submitting and responding to public records requests. The CCB must provide the public with access to records, unless the records are protected from disclosure under specific exemptions in the Law. For records not belonging to the CCB, please contact the agency or department responsible for the record(s) in question.
You can submit a public records request to the CCB electronically, by mail, by phone, or in person. The easiest way to do so is by completing this form.
Under the Public Records Law, you can contact the CCB Records Liaison by email or in writing:
David Scherr, Public Records Liaison
Cannabis Control Board
89 Main Street
Montpelier, VT 05620
Kimberley Lashua, Public Records Officer
General Guidance for Public Records Requests
- You can submit a public records request to the CCB electronically, by mail, by phone, or in person.
- The CCB can only respond to requests seeking CCB records and cannot respond to requests for records held by other entities.
- Please be as specific as possible when describing the records being requested. If applicable, please include relevant date ranges and any other information that may help us identify the records you are seeking.
- The CCB will not charge for the first 30 minutes of staff time that is necessary to process a requests. Fees may be assessed for additional labor and other costs as provided by law and by the Secretary of State's Uniform Fee Schedule. To avoid significant costs, we are happy to work with you to find ways to provide the information you seek in the most efficient manner possible.
- If the CCB withholds records or portions of records that are responsible to your request, you are entitled to appeal under the law.
Public Records Act Requests and Responses
|Date||Name||Organization||Request & Response|
|10/18/2021||Dumont, James||Physicians, Families and Friends Education Fund|
|11/22/2021||Tyrrell, Daniel||None||Emailed Request and Response|