Rolling prequalification and license register may be found on our licensed cannabis establishments page.
Applications for all Cultivator license types through tier 5, Testing Laboratories, and Integrated Licenses are Open - Click to Apply
You will need to create an account through the link above in order to proceed.
PLEASE NOTE: You will not submit payment through the link above. Please use the below link to pay your application fee for the full application only.
Checks or money orders should be made out to the Cannabis Control Board. You must include the application submission number in the memo line as well as the words “Full Application” or “Full App”. Please mail your checks and money orders to the following address:
Cannabis Control Board
89 Main Street
Montpelier, VT 50620
Full Application (not pre-qualification) fees are refundable if requested before close of business on the day of application (no partial refunds).
Once the Board has verified that your application is complete, we will provide you with instructions to complete the background screening requirement.
Background screening will be completed through the Board's third-party background screening vendor, Creative Services, Inc. (CSI).
All individuals and/or entities listed within the application shall undergo a background screening with CSI and will be required to pay the associated fees. This page will be updated with the cost for each background screen and how to submit payment in the coming days.
If you still have questions, please email us at CCB.Applications@vermont.gov or call 802-828-1010, ext. 3 (This is a monitored voicemail box. No one will pick up, but a staff member will return your message in the order that it was received)
Pre-Qualification for all License Types
The pre-qualification application window for all license types is open until May 31st. Please review our guidance page for directions on how to pre-qualify
- Applicants are required to fill out Form B for each principal or controlling party of a cannabis establishment
The CCB is now collecting payments for the prequalification applications. Approvals for prequalification will be considered incomplete until payment is received by the CCB. The fee for the prequalification application is $500.00.
Acceptable payment forms include: credit cards; electronic checks; paper checks; money orders; and cash.
Payments are non-refundable. If you are not prequalified by the CCB, the fee for your prequalification application will not be refunded to you.
- To make an electronic payment, you may do so by using the following link: https://appengine.egov.com/apps/vt/ccb/onlinepayment
- Checks and money orders should be made out to the Cannabis Control Board. You must include the cannabis establishment name that you submitted with your application in the memo line as well as the words “Prequalification Application”. Please mail your checks and money orders to the following address:
- Cannabis Control Board Attn: Accounting 89 Main St, Montpelier, VT 05620
If you wish to pay in cash you must schedule a time to meet with staff to complete the transaction. Please email CCB.Info@vermont.gov to schedule a time to come in.
If you are looking for forms and applications relating to the medical cannabis program, please click here.
Act 164 (2020) sets the following timeline for the roll-out of the adult use market.
Please review this document for guidance on which license you might consider, and associated costs
Application forms should be expected shortly before the dates listed below.
- April 1, 2022: License applications for integrated licensees, small cultivators, and testing laboratories can be accepted.
- May 1, 2022: Licenses for integrated licensees, small cultivators, and testing laboratories can begin to be issued.
- License applications for all cultivators can also be accepted.
- June 1, 2022: Licenses for all cultivators can begin to be issued.
- July 1, 2022: License applications for product manufacturers and wholesalers can be accepted.
- August 1, 2022: Licenses for product manufacturers and wholesalers can begin to be issued.
- September 1, 2022: License applications for retailers can be accepted.
- October 1, 2022: Licenses for retailers can begin to be issued.