General guidance for public records requests
- You can submit a public records request to the CCB electronically, by mail, by phone, or in person.
- The CCB can only respond to requests seeking CCB records and cannot respond to requests for records held by other entities.
- Please be as specific as possible when describing the records being requested. If applicable, please include relevant date ranges and any other information that may help us identify the records you are seeking.
- The CCB will not charge for the first 30 minutes of staff time that is necessary to process a requests. Fees may be assessed for additional labor and other costs as provided by law and by the Secretary of State's Uniform Fee Schedule. To avoid significant costs, we are happy to work with you to find ways to provide the information you seek in the most efficient manner possible.
- If the CCB withholds records or portions of records that are responsible to your request, you are entitled to appeal under the law.