Existing pre-qualification applicants will have until Tuesday, June 14, to upload any missing supporting documentation. Any remaining unfinished applications will be withdrawn automatically after that date.
The application for pre-qualification may be found here.
Full Applications are open for tier 1-5 cultivators, testing labs, and integrated licenses!
Now that the first full application window is open, what does this mean for pre-qualification?
Pre-qualification is still open for anyone who wishes to pursue it. However, with full application windows beginning to open, applicants should seek legal or business advice to determine if pre-qualification remains the best course for them.
Pre-qualification may be for you if…
- Investors, banks, or landlords want official documentation from the State of Vermont of your intent to start a cannabis business.
- You have something in your past (a criminal conviction, or a civil or administrative action taken against you) that might disqualify you from licensure. Pre-qualification would allow the Board to alert you to that prior to you making any large-scale investments in your business.
You might wait for the full application (and skip pre-qualification) if…
- Your licensing window is currently open, or will be within the coming weeks
- You know that neither you, nor your business partners, have any sort of criminal, civil or administrative record.
- You already have a bank account / insurance / business location.
Pre-qualification does not affect your licensure priority. It does not “save your place” in line. It is also not required in order to apply for a license when your relevant window opens.
But I’ve already applied for pre-qualification! What do I do now?
- If you’ve already paid your fee and submitted all of the required documents – hang tight. The Board is reviewing pre-qualification applications and will let you know if you’ve been approved.
- If you’re missing either your supporting documents or haven’t paid your application fee, you can continue with pre-qualification if you believe it still makes sense for you.
- If you would like to withdraw your pre-qualification application for any reason, please email us at CCB.Applications@vermont.gov to let us know.
Please review our pre-qualification guidance document for step-by-step instructions of the process.